*Sigh* Well anyways, I do want to get back to Saint Jude, since this is the first time I felt secure with moving forward and getting into the program. The nice lady, who would actually be my PT(physical therapist), met with me and my father for an hour or so to discuss the program and learn so more about "Skyler". Although I knew the basics of the program, and some of the unique things it entailed I was actually relatively excited to go and meet with them.
One of the most exciting parts, that really stuck with me, was when she stated "Most of our patients in the hospital have been down pretty much every road to try and cure their diseases/pain, but unfortunately those roads didn't come with relief and some even caused them more pain. (I know all about that) So here we came up with a program to not cure, but to help manage your pain. We focus on the details of your days and the program is tailored to you so you can deal with the nights you get 1 hour of sleep or getting through house work without being down for five days after. Since most other pain programs may help the patients whilst they are under the hospital care, but then may slide back into their bedridden pain days after leaving because they don't know how to give themselves PT or OT and cannot do their meditation at home since they were not taught how." WOW well duh that makes total sense and makes me happy that the program is tailored to me, but shh.. the big kicker for me was that I can take Harrington with me when I finally get him home! Gosh, speaking of that I am sorry for the lack of posts, I have been in such pain lately and barely able to shower (sorry, gross) let alone blog about it. I also miss Harrington, I don't count on people and I never ask for help, I mean seriously I could be throwing up blood (wow watching too much health channel lately-nope just Millionaire Matchmaker haha) and not even call my parents to come home from work, but Harrington was my little angel. He would comfort me and almost try and heal me, and anyone with a pet can understand.
"Mommy, I wove you!"
Anyways, since this post is way too long I will attach a link if you want to know more about Saint Jude:
Well I hope everyone is well and I promise to post more often!
XOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment