Favorite Quotes

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."--anonymous

"It's okay to have a flaw, it makes you real" -cute gay on Millionaire Matchmaker

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"They say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself." — Andy Warhol

"Who bravely dares must sometimes risk a fall." —Tobias George Smollett

“To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funny bone.”---Reba McEntire

"The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary."--Donald Kendall



Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Voo-doo or Not?

Okay- so yesterday I went to a Nature Medicine doctor to see what they had to say about my wonderful newly acquainted symptoms of fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, hypoglycemia, and auto-immune. Sounds fun right!
Well taking a couple steps backwards, I was diagnosed with RSD December 2007 and have had cortisone shots (which initially triggered the RSD), spinal nerve blocks (made it spread to the whole left side of my body), a spinal catheter(gave me full body RSD), hyperbaric which gave me hairline fractures in my ankle and hip and numerous other treatments which just made everything worse. EXCEPT for biofeedback, seriously for anyone struggling with any disease, anxiety, stress, addictions, etc. I would HIGHLY recommend biofeedback. That was the only thing-along with determination-that had gotten me to the next step of recovery in 2008-2009; until I received all these new symptoms back in November and my health has been deteriorating since then.
Anyways, the doctor talked about how the new symptoms were undetectable through blood work, but noticeable and very clearly autoimmune by just looking at me and my symptoms. He stated how is was similar to a young alcoholic being able to drink and drink daily and even though his health internally will begin to deteriorate, it will not become noticeable for at least a year. Also he mentioned how the medicines that are given (narcotics and steroids) will add to your auto immune diseases by causing a build up in your bloodstream, and near your bones, and then your anti bodies will all attack these build ups and inevitably cause more blockage. Now this blockage will start effecting your bone growth because adequate nutrients are unable to reach and feed your bones; actually during my hospitalization in 2008 I had a bone scan which had shown the bone decay I had and needless to say it was pretty bad. Okay enough of the past, back to the present were he diagnosed what I had internally wrong; kidneys, digestive tracks, lungs, auto-immune, female productive system, and inflammatory systems were all negative and need to be treated with acupuncture and herbal teas and medicine for a bare minimum of 1 year.

Well, anyways me and my father agreed with all his terminology and diagnosis for my treatment, but we did not feel comfortable with him at all. You know the feeling when you meet someone, whether it be a doctor, co-worker or anyone new, and they just don't click with your energy or something unexplainable were you don't feel safe? Well that was our exact feeling, and with all the numbers of doctors I have dealt with, I decided that I cannot work with someone I don't trust or feel safe with. So, nixing this doctor was a definite, but nixing nature medicine was a definite no! We are setting up a new appointment with a acupuncturist who has treated my aunt and uncle, and I have actually met her before everything and I recall really liking her. So, I will updated on my next visit to the world of Eastern Medicine, and hopefully we find my perfect match-sounds odd haha! Hope you are well, and enjoying Tuesday!

XX Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment